- Senior Investigator, Laboratory of Genome Integrity
Avinash Bhandoola received a Ph.D. from the University of Pennsylvania in 1994, and did a postdoctoral fellowship with Dr. Alfred Singer at NCI focused on the rules underlying lineage choice. He joined the faculty of the University of Pennsylvania in 2001, received tenure in 2007, and was promoted to full professor in 2012. He subsequently joined the Laboratory of Genome Integrity in 2014.
- (1994). INDUCTION OF INTERLEUKIN-12 RESPONSIVENESS IS IMPAIRED IN ANERGIC T-LYMPHOCYTES. JOURNAL OF EXPERIMENTAL MEDICINE. 179(3), 1065-1070.
- (1993). REDUCED CD3-MEDIATED PROTEIN-TYROSINE PHOSPHORYLATION IN ANERGIC CD4+ AND CD8+ T-CELLS. JOURNAL OF IMMUNOLOGY. 151(5), 2355-2367.
- (1992). INHIBITION OF ABNORMAL T-CELL DEVELOPMENT AND AUTOIMMUNITY IN GLD MICE BY TRANSGENIC T-CELL RECEPTOR BETA CHAIN. EUROPEAN JOURNAL OF IMMUNOLOGY. 22(7), 1693-1700.
- (1990). MECHANISMS OF AUTOIMMUNITY IN THE CONTEXT OF T-CELL TOLERANCE - INSIGHTS FROM NATURAL AND TRANSGENIC ANIMAL-MODEL SYSTEMS. IMMUNOLOGICAL REVIEWS. 118, 165-192.