- Senior Investigator, Laboratory of Genome Integrity
Avinash Bhandoola received a Ph.D. from the University of Pennsylvania in 1994, and did a postdoctoral fellowship with Dr. Alfred Singer at NCI focused on the rules underlying lineage choice. He joined the faculty of the University of Pennsylvania in 2001, received tenure in 2007, and was promoted to full professor in 2012. He subsequently joined the Laboratory of Genome Integrity in 2014.
- (2019). Myc controls a distinct transcriptional program in fetal thymic epithelial cells that determines thymus growth. Nature Communications. 10,
- (2019). Response to Comment on "Identification of an Intronic Regulatory Element Necessary for Tissue-Specific Expression of Foxn1 in Thymic Epithelial Cells". JOURNAL OF IMMUNOLOGY. 203(9), 2355-2356.
- (2019). TOX and TOX2 transcription factors cooperate with NR4A transcription factors to impose CD8(+) T cell exhaustion. PROCEEDINGS OF THE NATIONAL ACADEMY OF SCIENCES OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. 116(25), 12410-12415.
- (2019). The transcription factor c-Myb regulates CD8(+) T cell stemness and antitumor immunity. NATURE IMMUNOLOGY. 20(3), 337-+.