- Senior Investigator, Laboratory of Genome Integrity
Avinash Bhandoola received a Ph.D. from the University of Pennsylvania in 1994, and did a postdoctoral fellowship with Dr. Alfred Singer at NCI focused on the rules underlying lineage choice. He joined the faculty of the University of Pennsylvania in 2001, received tenure in 2007, and was promoted to full professor in 2012. He subsequently joined the Laboratory of Genome Integrity in 2014.
- (2018). Development and differentiation of early innate lymphoid progenitors. JOURNAL OF EXPERIMENTAL MEDICINE. 215(1), 249-262.
- (2018). Lineage specification in innate lymphocytes. CYTOKINE & GROWTH FACTOR REVIEWS. 42, 20-26.
- (2018). Lineage-Determining Transcription Factor TCF-1 Initiates the Epigenetic Identity of T Cells. IMMUNITY. 48(2), 243-+.
- (2017). CD4(+) T cell effector commitment coupled to self-renewal by asymmetric cell divisions. JOURNAL OF EXPERIMENTAL MEDICINE. 214(1), 39-47.
- (2017). Cutting Edge: Notch Signaling Promotes the Plasticity of Group-2 Innate Lymphoid Cells. JOURNAL OF IMMUNOLOGY. 198(5), 1798-1803.