- Senior Investigator, Laboratory of Genome Integrity
Avinash Bhandoola received a Ph.D. from the University of Pennsylvania in 1994, and did a postdoctoral fellowship with Dr. Alfred Singer at NCI focused on the rules underlying lineage choice. He joined the faculty of the University of Pennsylvania in 2001, received tenure in 2007, and was promoted to full professor in 2012. He subsequently joined the Laboratory of Genome Integrity in 2014.
- (2016). A doppelganger of T cell development. CELL CYCLE. 15(4), 479-480.
- (2016). CD8(+) T Lymphocyte Self-Renewal during Effector Cell Determination. Cell Reports. 17(7), 1773-1782.
- (2016). Coreceptor Reversal in the Thymus: Signaled CD4(+)8(+) Thymocytes Initially Terminate CD8 Transcription Even When Differentiating into CD8(+) T Cells. JOURNAL OF IMMUNOLOGY. 196(5), 1985-1997.
- (2016). Group 2 innate lymphoid cells mediate ozone-induced airway inflammation and hyperresponsiveness in mice. JOURNAL OF ALLERGY AND CLINICAL IMMUNOLOGY. 137(2), 571-578.