- Senior Investigator, Cellular Immunology Section
Dr. Shevach received his M.D. from Boston University in 1967. Following clinical training, he joined the Laboratory of Immunology as a senior staff fellow in 1972, was appointed a senior investigator in 1973, and became a section chief in 1987. Dr. Shevach served as editor-in-chief of the Journal of Immunology from 1987 to 1992 and editor-in-chief of Cellular Immunology from 1996 to 2007. He received the 2004 William B. Coley Award for Distinguished Research in Basic and Tumor Immunology.
Distinguished Service Award (American Association of Immunologists), Distinguished Alumnus Award (Boston University School of Medicine).
- American Association of Immunologists
- American Society for Clinical Investigation
- Association of American Physicians
- The Journal of Immunological Methods
- Journal of Biomedical Science
- Journal of Experimental Medicine
- Current Protocols in Immunology
- Human Immunology
Special Interest Groups
- (2020). Regulatory T cells: Master thieves of the immune system. CELLULAR IMMUNOLOGY. 355,
- (2020). Cutting Edge: Inhibition of the Interaction of NK Inhibitory Receptors with MHC Class I Augments Antiviral and Antitumor Immunity. JOURNAL OF IMMUNOLOGY. 205(3), 567-572.
- (2020). T Follicular Regulatory Cell Suppression of T Follicular Helper Cell Function Is Context-Dependent in vitro. Frontiers in Immunology. 11,
- (2020). Salt Sensing by Serum/Glucocorticoid-Regulated Kinase 1 Promotes Th17-like Inflammatory Adaptation of Foxp(3+) Regulatory T Cells. Cell Reports. 30(5), 1515-+.