- Senior Investigator, Reproductive and Developmental Biology Laboratory / Pregnancy and Female Reproduction Group
Francesco J. DeMayo is Senior Principal Investigator and Deputy Chief of the Reproduction and Developmental Biology Laboratory. He received his B.S. in General Studies at Cornell University and his M.S. and Ph.D in Physiology at Michigan State University. He continued his postdoctoral training at Baylor College of Medicine where rose to the rank of Cullen-Duncan-McAshan Endowed Chair in Cancer Research, and Professor of Molecular and Cell Biology and Pediatrics. During his tenure at Baylor College of Medicine he has received the Michael E DeBakey Research Award and the Society for the Study of Reproduction Research Award.
- (2020). Constitutive expression of progesterone receptor isoforms promotes the development of hormone-dependent ovarian neoplasms. Science Signaling. 13(652),
- (2020). PtenandDicer1loss in the mouse uterus causes poorly differentiated endometrial adenocarcinoma. ONCOGENE. 39(40), 6286-6299.
- (2020). Incidence rates of and risk factors for opioid overdose in new users of prescription opioids amongUSMedicaid enrollees: A cohort study. PHARMACOEPIDEMIOLOGY AND DRUG SAFETY. 29(8), 931-938.
- (2020). 90 YEARS OF PROGESTERONE New insights into progesterone receptor signaling in the endometrium required for embryo implantation. JOURNAL OF MOLECULAR ENDOCRINOLOGY. 65(1), T1-T14.
- (2020). Estrogen receptor ? (ER?)-binding super-enhancers drive key mediators that control uterine estrogen responses in mice. JOURNAL OF BIOLOGICAL CHEMISTRY. 295(25), 8387-8400.