- Stadtman Investigator, Laboratory of Protein Dynamics and Signaling
Dr. Jadranka Loncarek has joined the Laboratory of Protein Dynamics and Signaling, Dr. Allan M. Weissman, Chief, as an NIH Earl Stadtman Tenure Track Investigator. She obtained her Ph.D. from the Faculty of Sciences at Zagreb University, Croatia, in cell and molecular biology. She completed her postdoctoral training in the laboratory of Dr. Alexey Khodjakov at Wadsworth Center, Albany, New York, where she studied the mechanisms of centriole duplication and mitotic spindle formation. Her current research focuses on elucidating the molecular mechanism of centrosome biogenesis and their function, with particular attention on numerical control of centrosome formation in non-transformed and cancerous human cells.
- (2020). Prolonged mitosis results in structurally aberrant and over-elongated centrioles (vol 219, e201910019, 2020). JOURNAL OF CELL BIOLOGY. 219(7),
- (2020). Prolonged mitosis results in structurally aberrant and over-elongated centrioles. JOURNAL OF CELL BIOLOGY. 219(6),
- (2020). A protein quality control pathway at the mitochondrial outer membrane. eLife. 9,
- (2019). Expansion microscopy for the analysis of centrioles and cilia. JOURNAL OF MICROSCOPY. 276(3), 145-159.