- Senior Investigator, Cancer and Developmental Biology Laboratory
Dr. Jairaj Acharya obtained his M.B.B.S. from the University of Gulbarga (Government Medical College, Bellary), India, in 1985 and received his Ph.D. in biochemistry from the Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, in 1993 under Prof. Appaji Rao. He joined Dr. Charles Zuker at the University of California, San Diego as an associate of the Howard Hughes Medical Institute for his postdoctoral training. He was recruited by the NCI in 1999.
- (2019). Sptlc1 is essential for myeloid differentiation and hematopoietic homeostasis. Blood Advances. 3(22), 3635-3649.
- (2018). Defective cortex glia plasma membrane structure underlies light-induced epilepsy in cpes mutants. PROCEEDINGS OF THE NATIONAL ACADEMY OF SCIENCES OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. 115(38), E8919-E8928.
- (2014). Drosophila Sirt2/mammalian SIRT3 deacetylates ATP synthase beta and regulates complex V activity. JOURNAL OF CELL BIOLOGY. 206(2), 289-305.
- (2014). HKH40A downregulates GRP78/BiP expression in cancer cells. Cell Death & Disease. 5,