- Senior Investigator, Signal Transduction Laboratory / Calcium Regulation Group
Dr. Putney received his Ph.D. from the Medical College of Virginia, and held academic posts at Wayne State University and the Medical College of Virginia where he achieved the rank of Professor of Pharmacology. His current position is Chief, Calcium Regulation Group, Laboratory of Signal Transduction, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences. Formerly he served as Chief of the Laboratory of Cellular and Molecular Pharmacology. He also holds positions as Adjunct Professor of Pharmacology at the University of North Carolina, and Affiliate Professor of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Virginia Commonwealth University.
- (2017). ORAI Calcium Channels. PHYSIOLOGY. 32(4), 332-342.
- (2017). SOCE: Fundamental Mechanistic Concepts Introduction. Advances in Experimental Medicine and Biology. 993, 3-13.
- (2017). The functions of store-operated calcium channels. BIOCHIMICA ET BIOPHYSICA ACTA-MOLECULAR CELL RESEARCH. 1864(6), 900-906.
- (2016). Low-Voltage-Activated Ca(V)3.1 Calcium Channels Shape T Helper Cell Cytokine Profiles. IMMUNITY. 44(4), 782-794.
- (2016). Male infertility in mice lacking the store-operated Ca2+ channel Orai1. CELL CALCIUM. 59(4), 189-197.