- Senior Investigator, Molecular Cell Biology Section
John A. Hammer graduated from the Pennsylvania State University with a Ph.D. in Physiology in 1980. He then joined the NHLBI as a Staff Fellow in the Laboratory of Cell Biology. Since 1990 he has been Chief of the Section on Molecular Cell Biology, CBPC. Dr. Hammer received an NHLBI Merit Award in 1990 and an Orloff Award in 2012. He has authored or coauthored ~100 papers and has served on editorial boards, including the Journal of Muscle Research and Cell Motility (since 1992) and the Journal of Biological Chemistry (2008 to 2013). Dr. Hammer is a member of the American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, the American Society of Cell Biology, and the Biophysical Society.
- (2015). Measurements of differential and double-differential Drell-Yan cross sections in proton-proton collisions at root s=8 TeV. EUROPEAN PHYSICAL JOURNAL C. 75(4),
- (2015). Search for Monotop Signatures in Proton-Proton Collisions at root s=8 TeV. PHYSICAL REVIEW LETTERS. 114(10),
- (2015). Search for a standard model Higgs boson produced in association with a top-quark pair and decaying to bottom quarks using a matrix element method. EUROPEAN PHYSICAL JOURNAL C. 75(6),
- (2014). Measurement of Inclusive W and Z Boson Production Cross Sections in pp Collisions at root s=8 TeV. PHYSICAL REVIEW LETTERS. 112(19),
- (2014). Observation of the Associated Production of a Single Top Quark - and a W Boson in pp Collisions at root s=8 TeV. PHYSICAL REVIEW LETTERS. 112(23),
- (2020). Endoplasmic reticulum visits highly active spines and prevents runaway potentiation of synapses. Nature Communications. 11(1),
- (2020). The role of actin and myosin in antigen extraction by B lymphocytes. SEMINARS IN CELL & DEVELOPMENTAL BIOLOGY. 102, 90-104.
- (2019). An Improved Method for Differentiating Mouse Embryonic Stem Cells into Cerebellar Purkinje Neurons. CEREBELLUM. 18(3), 406-421.