- Senior Investigator, Laboratory of Cell Biology
Dr. Gottesman obtained his M.D. from Harvard University Medical School, completed his internship and residency in medicine at the Peter Bent Brigham Hospital in Boston, and received his postdoctoral research training in molecular genetics with Martin Gellert at the NIH. After a year as an assistant professor in the Department of Anatomy at Harvard, he moved to the NIH in 1976. He currently serves as the NIH deputy director for intramural research as well as chief of the Laboratory of Cell Biology.
- (1981). INVITRO ASSEMBLY OF HOMOPOLYMER AND CO-POLYMER FILAMENTS FROM INTERMEDIATE FILAMENT SUBUNITS OF MUSCLE AND FIBROBLASTIC CELLS. PROCEEDINGS OF THE NATIONAL ACADEMY OF SCIENCES OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. 78(6), 3692-3696.
- (1973). STUDIES ON MECHANISM OF ACTION OF GAL REPRESSOR. JOURNAL OF BIOLOGICAL CHEMISTRY. 248(17), 5937-5942.
- (1971). ISLOATION OF GAL REPRESSOR. PROCEEDINGS OF THE NATIONAL ACADEMY OF SCIENCES OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. 68(8), 1891-+.
- (1971). REGULATION OF GALACTOKINASE SYNTHESIS BY CYCLIC ADENOSINE 3',5'-MONOPHOSPHATE IN CELL-FREE EXTRACTS OF ESCHERICHIA-COLI. JOURNAL OF BIOLOGICAL CHEMISTRY. 246(8), 2419-+.
- (1969). KINETIC PROPERTIES OF COBALT ALKALINE PHOSPHATASE. BIOCHEMISTRY. 8(9), 3776-+.
- (1966). TRANSFER OF HYDROGEN IN COBAMIDE-DEPENDENT RIBONUCLEOTIDE REDUCTASE REACTION. BIOCHEMICAL AND BIOPHYSICAL RESEARCH COMMUNICATIONS. 24(3), 353-+.