- Senior Investigator, Laboratory of Molecular Gerontology
Dr. Michael Seidman received his Ph.D. in biochemistry from the University of California, Berkeley, in 1975. He did postdoctoral work at the NIH and at Princeton University. He worked at the NIH and in the biotechnology industry before assuming his present position in the Laboratory of Molecular Genetics, NIA.
- (2016). Enhancing the Cytotoxic Effects of PARP Inhibitors with DNA Demethylating Agents - A Potential Therapy for Cancer. CANCER CELL. 30(4), 637-650.
- (2016). FANCM interacts with PCNA to promote replication traverse of DNA interstrand crosslinks. NUCLEIC ACIDS RESEARCH. 44(7), 3219-3232.
- (2016). Fan1 deficiency results in DNA interstrand cross-link repair defects, enhanced tissue karyomegaly, and organ dysfunction. GENES & DEVELOPMENT. 30(6), 645-659.
- (2016). Single Molecule Analysis of Laser Localized Interstrand Crosslinks. Frontiers in Genetics. 7,
- (2015). CSB interacts with SNM1A and promotes DNA interstrand crosslink processing. NUCLEIC ACIDS RESEARCH. 43(1), 247-258.