- Senior Investigator, Thoracic and Gastrointestinal Oncology Branch
Dr. Raffit Hassan is a medical oncologist and senior investigator at NCI. He received his medical degree from the University of Kashmir, India in 1988 and did his internship and residency training in internal medicine at Sisters Hospital, University of Buffalo and subsequently completed his medical oncology fellowship at the NCI. After finishing his fellowship training he joined the medical faculty at the University of Oklahoma in 1998. He returned to NCI as a tenure track investigator in 2002 and received tenure in 2008. Dr. Hassan is a recipient of the ASCO Career Development Award, the NIH Patient Oriented Research Career Development Award and the Pioneer Award from the Mesothelioma Foundation.
- (2020). ALK in Mesothelioma: To FISH or Not to FISH? Response. Journal of Thoracic Oncology. 15(10), E169-E170.
- (2020). Phase 1 study of the immunotoxin LMB-100 in patients with mesothelioma and other solid tumors expressing mesothelin. CANCER. 126(22), 4936-4947.
- (2020). Enhanced efficacy of mesothelin-targeted immunotoxin LMB-100 and anti-PD-1 antibody in patients with mesothelioma and mouse tumor models. Science Translational Medicine. 12(550),
- (2020). First-in-Human, Multicenter, Phase I Dose-Escalation and Expansion Study of Anti-Mesothelin Antibody-Drug Conjugate Anetumab Ravtansine in Advanced or Metastatic Solid Tumors. JOURNAL OF CLINICAL ONCOLOGY. 38(16), 1824-+.
- (2020). The Association of BAP1 Loss-of-Function With the Defect in Homologous Recombination Repair and Sensitivity to PARP-Targeted Therapy Response. Journal of Thoracic Oncology. 15(6), E91-E91.