- Senior Investigator, Experimental Immunology Branch
Dr. Hodes received his M.D. from Harvard Medical School and completed a research fellowship at the Karolinska Institute in Stockholm and clinical training in internal medicine at Massachusetts General Hospital before coming to the NIH. He is chief of the Immune Regulation Section of the Experimental Immunology Branch as well as director of the National Institute on Aging.
- (2020). Rapid Scaling Up of Covid-19 Diagnostic Testing in the United States - The NIH RADx Initiative. NEW ENGLAND JOURNAL OF MEDICINE. 383(11), 1071-1077.
- (2020). TCR Repertoires of Thymic Conventional and Regulatory T Cells: Identification and Characterization of Both Unique and Shared TCR Sequences. JOURNAL OF IMMUNOLOGY. 204(4), 858-867.
- (2019). The NIH Blueprint for Neuroscience Research Seeks Community Input on Future Neuroscience Investments. JOURNAL OF NEUROSCIENCE. 39(5), 774-775.
- (2019). Transient induction of telomerase expression mediates senescence and reduces tumorigenesis in primary fibroblasts. PROCEEDINGS OF THE NATIONAL ACADEMY OF SCIENCES OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. 116(38), 18983-18993.
- (2018). NIA commentary on the NIA-AA Research Framework: Towards a biological definition of Alzheimer's disease. Alzheimers & Dementia. 14(4), 576-578.