- Senior Investigator, Genome Integrity & Structural Biology Laboratory / DNA Repair & Nucleic Acid Enzymology Group
After receiving the medical degree at Harvard Medical School, Dr. Wilson conducted postdoctoral research in biochemistry, first with Dr. Mahlon Hoagland at Dartmouth Medical School and then with Dr. Marshall Nirenberg at the National Heart Institute-NIH. He then joined the Laboratory of Biochemistry at the National Cancer Institute-NIH in 1970 and conducted research there until 1992. After five years in the extramural community (at UTMB), Dr. Wilson joined the Laboratory of Structural Biology at the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences (NIEHS)-NIH. He also served as Deputy Director and Acting Director of NIEHS for a number of years.
- (2020). Mitochondrial dysfunction and DNA damage accompany enhanced levels of formaldehyde in cultured primary human fibroblasts. Scientific Reports. 10(1),
- (2010). Factors influencing cesarean delivery operative times: a prospective observational cohort study. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF OBSTETRIC ANESTHESIA. 19(4), 417-421.
- (2020). Telomeres come to life thanks to an exciting review article in this issue. DNA REPAIR. 94,
- (2020). RNA abasic sites in yeast and human cells. PROCEEDINGS OF THE NATIONAL ACADEMY OF SCIENCES OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. 117(34), 20689-20695.
- (2020). Lysines in the lyase active site of DNA polymerase beta destabilize nonspecific DNA binding, facilitating searching and DNA gap recognition. JOURNAL OF BIOLOGICAL CHEMISTRY. 295(34), 12181-12187.
- (2020). Preferential DNA Polymerase beta Reverse Reaction with Imidodiphosphate. ACS Omega. 5(25), 15317-15324.