- Senior Investigator, Laboratory of Biochemical Physiology
Vincent Manganiello earned his Ph.D. and M.D. from Johns Hopkins University in 1965 and 1967, respectively. He joined the NHLBI after his internship from 1967 to 1968 at the Harriet Lane Pediatric Service at Johns Hopkins Hospital. In 2010 he became a Senior Investigator and Chief of the Laboratory of Biochemical Physiology (CPB). A member of the NHLBI institutional review board, he also serves on the editorial boards of the Journal of Biological Chemistry and CHEST. Dr. Manganiello received the NIH Public Health Service Special Recognition Award in 1991, the NIH Director's Award in 1994, a NIH Bench to Bedside Award in 2003, and the Excellence in Sarcoidosis Research Award at the 2005 American Thoracic Society Meeting. He was admitted into the Johns Hopkins University Society of Scholars in 2012. He has authored or coauthored more than 220 papers and book chapters. He is also a member of the American Society of Molecular and Biological Chemists, American Thoracic Society, American Diabetes Association, and American College of Chest Physicians.
- (2016). Effects of heterologous expression of human cyclic nucleotide phosphodiesterase 3A (hPDE3A) on redox regulation in yeast. BIOCHEMICAL JOURNAL. 473, 4205-4225.
- (2016). Modulation of Polycystic Kidney Disease Severity by Phosphodiesterase 1 and 3 Subfamilies. JOURNAL OF THE AMERICAN SOCIETY OF NEPHROLOGY. 27(5), 1312-1320.
- (2016). Phosphodiesterase 3B (PDE3B) regulates NLRP3 inflammasome in adipose tissue. Scientific Reports. 6,
- (2015). Cyclic Nucleotide Phosphodiesterases: important signaling modulators and therapeutic targets. ORAL DISEASES. 21(1), E25-E50.
- (2015). Heme Oxygenase-1 Regulation of Matrix Metalloproteinase-1 Expression Underlies Distinct Disease Profiles in Tuberculosis. JOURNAL OF IMMUNOLOGY. 195(6), 2763-2773.