- Senior Investigator, Laboratory of Biochemical Physiology
Vincent Manganiello earned his Ph.D. and M.D. from Johns Hopkins University in 1965 and 1967, respectively. He joined the NHLBI after his internship from 1967 to 1968 at the Harriet Lane Pediatric Service at Johns Hopkins Hospital. In 2010 he became a Senior Investigator and Chief of the Laboratory of Biochemical Physiology (CPB). A member of the NHLBI institutional review board, he also serves on the editorial boards of the Journal of Biological Chemistry and CHEST. Dr. Manganiello received the NIH Public Health Service Special Recognition Award in 1991, the NIH Director's Award in 1994, a NIH Bench to Bedside Award in 2003, and the Excellence in Sarcoidosis Research Award at the 2005 American Thoracic Society Meeting. He was admitted into the Johns Hopkins University Society of Scholars in 2012. He has authored or coauthored more than 220 papers and book chapters. He is also a member of the American Society of Molecular and Biological Chemists, American Thoracic Society, American Diabetes Association, and American College of Chest Physicians.
- (1972). SELECTIVE LOSS OF ADIPOSE CELL RESPONSIVENESS TO GLUCAGON WITH GROWTH IN RAT. JOURNAL OF LIPID RESEARCH. 13(1), 12-+.
- (1971). EFFECT OF POLYSTYRENE BEADS ON CYCLIC 3',5'-ADENOSINE MONOPHOSPHATE CONCENTRATION IN LEUKOCYTES. JOURNAL OF CLINICAL INVESTIGATION. 50(12), 2741-&.
- (1971). EFFECTS OF LIPOLYTIC AND ANTILIPOLYTIC AGENTS ON CYCLIC 3',5' ADENOSINE MONOPHOSPHATE IN FAT CELLS. JOURNAL OF BIOLOGICAL CHEMISTRY. 246(7), 2195-+.
- (1971). SIMPLE, SENSITIVE PROTEIN-BINDING ASSAY FOR GUANOSINE 3'-5'-MONOPHOSPHATE. PROCEEDINGS OF THE NATIONAL ACADEMY OF SCIENCES OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. 68(4), 736-+.
- (1970). EFFECTS OF GUANOSINE 3',5'-MONOPHOSPHATE ON GLYCEROL PRODUCTION AND ACCUMULATION OF ADENOSINE 3',5'-MONOPHOSPHATE BY FAT CELLS. JOURNAL OF BIOLOGICAL CHEMISTRY. 245(13), 3352-+.