- Senior Investigator, Macromolecular Crystallography Laboratory
Dr. Ji earned his Ph.D. degree at the University of Oklahoma (1985-1990) and performed his postdoctoral research at the University of Maryland (1991-1994), where he became a Research Assistant Professor (1994-1995) before joining the National Cancer Institute (NCI), National Institutes of Health (NIH). At the NCI at Frederick, Dr. Ji established his laboratory in the ABL-Basic Research Program in 1995, moved to the Center for Cancer Research in 1999, gained tenure in 2001 as an NIH Senior Investigator, and in 2008 became a member of the Senior Biomedical Research Service (SBRS). The SBRS, established under the Public Health Service Act, was created for scientists who are considered by their peers to be outstanding in their work.
- (2020). Overproduction of a Dominant Mutant of the Conserved Era GTPase Inhibits Cell Division in Escherichia coli. JOURNAL OF BACTERIOLOGY. 202(21),
- (2019). Structure and function of Rnt1p: An alternative to RNAi for targeted RNA degradation. Wiley Interdisciplinary Reviews-RNA. 10(3),
- (2019). The mechanism of RNA duplex recognition and unwinding by DEAD-box helicase DDX3X. Nature Communications. 10,
- (2019). The molecular mechanism of dsRNA processing by a bacterial Dicer. NUCLEIC ACIDS RESEARCH. 47(9), 4707-4720.
- (2018). Therapeutic Potential of Leelamine, a Novel Inhibitor of Androgen Receptor and Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer. MOLECULAR CANCER THERAPEUTICS. 17(10), 2079-2090.
- (2017). A Potent Germline-like Human Monoclonal Antibody Targets a pH-Sensitive Epitope on H7N9 Influenza Hemagglutinin. Cell Host & Microbe. 22(4), 471-+.
- (2017). Survival of BRCA2-Deficient Cells Is Promoted by GIPC3, a Novel Genetic Interactor of BRCA2. GENETICS. 207(4), 1335-1345.
- (2017). The Functional Cycle of Rnt1p: Five Consecutive Steps of Double-Stranded RNA Processing by a Eukaryotic RNase III. STRUCTURE. 25(2), 353-363.