- Senior Investigator, Macromolecular Crystallography Laboratory
Dr. Ji earned his Ph.D. degree at the University of Oklahoma (1985-1990) and performed his postdoctoral research at the University of Maryland (1991-1994), where he became a Research Assistant Professor (1994-1995) before joining the National Cancer Institute (NCI), National Institutes of Health (NIH). At the NCI at Frederick, Dr. Ji established his laboratory in the ABL-Basic Research Program in 1995, moved to the Center for Cancer Research in 1999, gained tenure in 2001 as an NIH Senior Investigator, and in 2008 became a member of the Senior Biomedical Research Service (SBRS). The SBRS, established under the Public Health Service Act, was created for scientists who are considered by their peers to be outstanding in their work.
- (2015). Allosteric Activation of Bacterial Swi2/Snf2 (Switch/Sucrose Non-fermentable) Protein RapA by RNA Polymerase BIOCHEMICAL AND STRUCTURAL STUDIES. JOURNAL OF BIOLOGICAL CHEMISTRY. 290(39), 23656-23669.
- (2015). Insights into Ubiquitination from the Unique Clamp-like Binding of the RING E3 AO7 to the E2 UbcH5B. JOURNAL OF BIOLOGICAL CHEMISTRY. 290(51), 30225-30239.
- (2014). Biochemical and Biological Studies of Mouse APOBEC3. JOURNAL OF VIROLOGY. 88(7), 3850-3860.
- (2014). Crystallographic and molecular dynamics simulation analysis of Escherichia coli dihydroneopterin aldolase. Cell and Bioscience. 4,