- Senior Investigator, Laboratory of Genome Integrity
Avinash Bhandoola received a Ph.D. from the University of Pennsylvania in 1994, and did a postdoctoral fellowship with Dr. Alfred Singer at NCI focused on the rules underlying lineage choice. He joined the faculty of the University of Pennsylvania in 2001, received tenure in 2007, and was promoted to full professor in 2012. He subsequently joined the Laboratory of Genome Integrity in 2014.
- (2020). Postnatal Involution and Counter-Involution of the Thymus. Frontiers in Immunology. 11,
- (2020). A Shared Regulatory Element Controls the Initiation of Tcf7 Expression During Early T Cell and Innate Lymphoid Cell Developments. Frontiers in Immunology. 11,
- (2020). Single-cell analysis of ROR alpha tracer mouse lung reveals ILC progenitors and effector ILC2 subsets. JOURNAL OF EXPERIMENTAL MEDICINE. 217(3),
- (2020). Switch hitter: Bcl11b in T cells and ILC2s. JOURNAL OF EXPERIMENTAL MEDICINE. 217(1),
- (2019). Blocked O-GlcNAc cycling disrupts mouse hematopoeitic stem cell maintenance and early T cell development. Scientific Reports. 9,