- Senior Investigator, Critical Care Medicine Department
Dr. Eichacker is a Senior Investigator and Head of the Critical Care Medicine Section in the NIH Clinical Center's Critical Care Medicine Department (CCMD). He earned his undergraduate degree from Boston University and his medical degree from New York University. After he completed a residency and chief residency in internal medicine, he had a fellowship in pulmonary medicine at Bronx Municipal Hospital Center and Hospital of the Albert Einstein College of Medicine in New York. He joined NIH in 1986 as a CCMD fellow. In 1990 he was appointed Senior Investigator and Head of the Critical Care Medicine section in CCMD.
- (2020). Inhibitory Immune Checkpoint Molecule Expression in Clinical Sepsis Studies: A Systematic Review. CRITICAL CARE MEDICINE. 48(9), 1365-1374.
- (2020). Sepsis Bundles That Focus on Clinician Judgment and Proven Interventions Are Needed to Increase Bundle Compliance and Effectiveness. CRITICAL CARE MEDICINE. 48(4), 602-605.
- (2020). The Effects of Obesity on Outcome in Preclinical Animal Models of Infection and Sepsis: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. Journal of Obesity. 2020,
- (2020). Checkpoint inhibitor therapy in preclinical sepsis models: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Intensive Care Medicine Experimental. 8(1),
- (2020). Driving blind: instituting SEP-1 without high quality outcomes data. Journal of Thoracic Disease. 12, S22-S36.